Monday, April 20, 2009

First Meeting...

After playing phone tag for about 2 days, the parent and I were finally able to make contact. The parent was very supportive of the project and was eager for her daughter, Amy to begin working. We were able to schedule our first meeting on a Saturday morning. The Zuniga Family was extremely nice and welcomed me into their home. Amy was sitting at the kitchen table with her mother's laptop waiting to begin working on the project. About 2 minutes had gone by when the door bell rang, it was their neighbor's from across the street coming over to let me know they had hit my car as they were backing out of their drive way! I was in complete shock! The neighbor and I quickly settled the accident and exchanged all the important information.

It was a little difficult to regain my composure and focus on the project. However, we were able to discuss the basics and expectations of the project. She was able to give some insight on her prior knowledge of her topic, the "Early Man". This was a topic previously learned, so we did not have to spend too much time researching more information. I explained my purpose was to do my very best to teach her the technology aspect of the project and we begin by creating her blog. We then preceded to complete the KWL chart on google docs. Due to the family having plans to feed the homeless, it being Easter weekend, my son's 4th birthday party, and a minor accident, we had to cut our meeting short.

Overall, I was pleased with the outcome of our first meeting. My goal was to create the blog, begin the KWL chart, and begin searching for images relating to our topic. I asked Amy to answer a couple of questions on her blog and have some idea of pictures she would like to use in her voice thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment